The Jagannath Temple is an important Hindu temple dedicated to Jagannath, a form of Sri Krishna in Puri in the state of Odisha on the east coast of India. The current temple was rebuilt from the 10th century onwards, on the site of an earlier temple, and was started by Anantavarman Chodaganga Deva, the first king of the Eastern Ganges dynasty.
Puri Temple is famous for its annual Ratha Yatra, or chariot festival, in which the three main deities are dragged on huge and elaborately decorated temple chariots. Unlike the stone and metal icons found in most Hindu temples, the image of Jagannath (which gave its name to the English term ‘juggernaut’) is made of wood and is ceremoniously replaced every twelve to 19 years by an exact replica. from the pilgrimage sites of Char Dham.
The temple is sacred to all Hindus, and especially to those of the Vaisnava traditions. Many great Vaisnava saints, such as Ramanujacharya, Madhvacharya, Nimbarkacharya, Vallabhacharya, and Ramananda, were closely associated with the temple. Ramanuja established the Emar Mutt near the temple and Adi Shankaracharya established the Govardhan Math, which is the seat of one of the four Shankaracharyas. It is also of particular importance to the followers of Gaudiya Vaishnavism, whose founder, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, was drawn to the deity, Jagannath, and lived in Puri for many years.
When Lord Krishna left his body, he was cremated, his whole body merged into the five elements, but his heart was beating like a normal living man and he was absolutely safe, his heart is safe to this day, which is very few people know that. Lord Jagannath resides within the wooden idol and beats in the same way.
Mahaprabhu’s great secret is cleaning with a golden broom.
Mahaprabhu Jagannath (Sri Krishna) is also called the Lord of Kaliyuga … Jagannath Swami resides in Puri (Orissa) with his sister Subhadra and his brother Balarama, but the secret is such that to date no one has been able to know. . ,
The idol of Mahaprabhu is changed every 12 years, at that time the whole city of Puri is turned off, that is, the lights of the whole city are turned off, after the lights are turned off, the army of crpf surrounds the temple facilities from everywhere. No one can go to the temple at that time,
There is a dense darkness inside the temple, the priest’s eyes are blindfolded, the priest has gloves in his hand. Until today nobody knows what this brahman substance is, nobody has seen it until today, for thousands of years it is being transferred from one idol to another,
This is a supernatural substance, just by touching it, the rags of a person’s body can fly away when there are two eighteen months in a year. This opportunity has come after 19 years, although sometimes it happens in 14 years too, this occasion is called Nav-Kalvar,
But to date, no priest has been able to say what is in the idol of Mahaprabhu Jagannath?
Some priests say that when we took it in our hands, it jumped like a rabbit, blindfolded ,we were wearing gloves, so we could only feel it, even today, every year on the occasion of Jagannath Yatra, there is a need for sleep. The King of Puri himself comes to sweep with a broom.
The sound of ocean waves is not heard inside as soon as you take the first step in from the lions gate of Lord Jagannath temple, whereas what is surprising is that as soon as you step outside the temple, the sound of the ocean. will be heard,
The temple was built by King Anantavarman Chodaganga of the Ganges dynasty in the 12th century AD, as suggested by the Kendupatna copper plate inscription of his descendant Narasimhadeva II. Anantavarman was originally a Shaivite and became a Vaishnavita sometime after he conquered the Utkala region (in which the temple is located) in 1112 CE. An inscription from 1134-1135 CE records his donation to the temple. Therefore, the construction of the temple must have begun sometime after 1112 CE.
According to a story in the chronicles of the temple, it was founded by Anangabhima-deva II: different chronicles variously mention the year of construction as 1196, 1197, 1205, 1216 or 1226. This suggests that the construction of the temple was completed or that the Temple was renovated during the reign of Anantavarman’s son, Anangabhima. The temple complex was further developed during the reigns of later kings, including those of the Ganges dynasty and the Suryvamshi (Gajapati) dynasty.